The Rockland Youth Dance Ensemble (RYDE) is a nonprofit organization, which was created to offer a forum for students and emerging artists, in dance and theatre, to develop their talents in a fully integrated environment of education and performance. RYDE has been operating under the New York State guidelines for a 501(c)(3) corporation since 1983.
RYDE primarily features young performers (ages 7 through 18) who have accomplished high quality performance ability through their studies in the performing arts. For nearly three decades, numerous RYDE dancers have qualified to attend Summer Dance Programs with prestigious national companies throughout the United States. Many have also become successful performers in dance, theatre and related professions. RYDE artists include students and professionals from Broadway, national dance companies and regional theatre.
DESCRIPTION and GOALS
RYDE is multi faceted:
- RYDE serves the general public by presenting high quality dance programs, full-length productions and theatre.
- RYDE supports qualified artists in their development of new projects and original performance works.
- RYDE offers Arts in Education workshops and residencies in schools for grades K through 12 and a Master class series for post-high school students.
- RYDE provides opportunities for emerging artists to showcase their talent.
- RYDE performs for underserved audiences in the tri state region.
RYDE’s general goals are:
- To create opportunities for students to develop their creative talents through education and the performing arts.
- To be active in schools through performing arts programs which nurture creativity and promote better communication, expand skills toward creative problem solving, explore multi-cultural environments and generate confidence and high self esteem.
- To raise standards among arts presenters in and around Rockland County.