FALL NUTCRACKER AUDITIONS
2013 auditions for RYDE’s annual production of “The Nutcracker” will be held on Sunday, September 15 and Saturday, September 21. ALL Ballet students from second grade (Ballet 2) and older are eligible to audition for RYDE’s annual Nutcracker performances. Time slots for ballet levels to audition are posted on this website, and in the RYDE eNewsletter in early August.
Performances take place the first and second weekends in December each year.
Auditions take place at Coupé Theatre Studio, 33 East Route 59A, Nanuet, NY
For more information, please call 845-624-RYDE (7933)
Cast lists are posted on Thursday after the auditions. All those who participate must commit to attend ALL rehearsals beginning the weekend after auditions. Rehearsals are scheduled at the Studio every weekend leading up to the performances, as well as stage rehearsals the week prior to performances at each venue.
- Everyone (except Ballet 2 students) should be prepared for possible callbacks to the 5 pm session on 9/21.
- All those auditioning should report to the desk in the main building at least 15 minutes before their audition time slot to register, and pay the audition fee ($75 per student, $50 for additional sibling) by cash or check made to RYDE. Students take their number and registration card with them to Studio 5 for the audition.
- Dance attire & ballet shoes must be worn for auditions.
- Students registered in Pointe classes must also bring their Pointe shoes.
- Parents will be directed to the production meeting.
IMPORTANT: ALL those auditioning must have a parent/guardian present at the production meeting held during their audition time.
Everyone is required to sign in. No Exceptions.