Auditions for Nutcracker 2015
2015 auditions for RYDE’s annual production of “The Nutcracker” will be held on Saturday, September 12, and Sunday, September 13. Ballet students in Ballet levels 2 and above are eligible to audition for RYDE’s annual Nutcracker performances. Audition time slots for each eligible ballet level are posted on this website (click here to download) and in the RYDE eNewsletter in early August.
Performances take place the first and second weekends in December each year.
Auditions will take place at Coupé Theatre Studio, at the old (Route 59) location.
For more information, please call 845-624-RYDE (7933)
Cast lists are posted on Thursday after the auditions. All those who participate must commit to attend ALL rehearsals beginning the weekend after auditions. Rehearsals are scheduled at the Studio every weekend leading up to the performances, as well as stage rehearsals the week prior to performances at each venue.
- Everyone (except Ballet 2 students) should be prepared for possible callbacks on 9/13.
- All those auditioning should report to the main desk at least 15 minutes before their audition time slot to register, and pay the audition fee ($100 per student, $75
- for additional sibling) by cash or check made to RYDE. Students take their number and registration card with them to Studio 5 for the audition. Parents will be directed to the production meeting at this time.
- Dance attire & ballet shoes must be worn for auditions.
- Students registered in Pointe classes must also bring their Pointe shoes.
IMPORTANT: ALL those auditioning must have a parent/guardian present at the production meeting held during their audition time. Everyone is required to sign in. No exceptions.